Sunday, January 12, 2014

After sprinting through the Houston airport in a failed attempt to catch the flight to Managua, our team now finds itself in Costa Rica.  While not part of our original plans, we enjoyed the beautiful view during our landing.  The temp is in the 80's, so we can't complain.  Below you will find a picture of our team running through the Houston airport.

We have a total of 14 people on this trip, including 5 students.  I had a chance to ask Katie Carlson why she came on the trip and here is her response:

Katie Carlson
After going on the Appalachia mission trip I learned the importance of surrender, so I'm looking forward to learning something new about growing in faith, poverty, and different cultures.  God provided the means and the availability, so I'm now faithfully obeying his commandment to make disciples of all nations, and when I felt him nudge me toward going six months ago, I knew I had no choice but to go! I can't wait to see the effects this week has on my life!


2 comments:

  1. Hope things are going better today. Praying for you all! Carol Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of Costa Rica as a bonus blessing! I'm so proud of all of you and hope that the rest of the trip goes smoothly. I love the smiles and look forward to reading about your important work this week. Much love, Kierstin Carlson

    ReplyDelete